Super Neo 29 refurbishing finished!

Discussies en FAQ's over arcade hardware en games.
Psykick
Active Level:
Active Level:

Super Neo 29 refurbishing finished!

Post by Psykick » Sun Aug 20, 2006 19:38

Hoi Jongens,

Heb deze topic in het Engels gezet omdat ie ook op andere forums staat, dus voor prangende vragen kan je me gewoon ff pm'en ;)

Hi guys,

Well after working on my cab in my spare time(which isn't very much if you have your own shop) I finished it (well almost).

I bought the cab from Ken here in the Netherlands, the monitor was pretty messed up and I replaced it with a Trisync Pentranic, which is above expectation so far, I am very pleased with the results. I haven't seen a Nanao or Toshiba so I have nothing to compare it with, but for the 400 Euro I paid incl. shipping it is very nice and brand new.

I started on rewiring it and getting rid off 110 volts completely, I built in a circuit to the front where I put in an on/off switch, this puppy is never going to be used in an arcade so why have coin slots and containers. After I removed that totally I really freed up a lot of space.

As you can see I was still hassling with cables and stuff, so I got out to get these small things that you stick to the inside and put a zip wire through, these were really the hardest to get. I coudn't find them anywhere and finally I found them at a pro technical installation company. They are really not for consumer use, the little buggers! Well after that I could make it all neat on the inside and I wanted to fit an MVS and a Naomi system so I needed the space. I also got a thin plastic board for the bottom, so I didn't need wood or anytihng, just in case the metal wouldn't get in touch with eachother.
This was the result.

As you can see in the pics there were all sorts of pushbuttons and swithces for test, mono and coin. I got rid of all of them and just mounted a power switch and a coinswitch in the front. Removing the coincontainer left a big gaping hole and I thought that this was a good place for airventilation. I went out and got a piece of perforated aluminum and molded that in place. Just for the fun of it I placed a Red neon tube to make it glow (also have a blue lying around) :wink:

As for the speakers I wanted to get rid of the horrific speakers that come with the cabs. I stated with carspeakers and stuff like that, but didn't know the Ohm issue, just didn't think about that. So I went to the Media Markt and I wanted to buy a two speaker system with a sub, it was unvelievable but Logitech had just released the smallest set in there product lineup and it was on sale too :lol: . I paid 25 Euros and went out to see how it would fit. Well it fitted like a glove and the sound is more then enough, with a very acceptable bass system.

I also connected two cinchplugs from Jamma so I can hook up boards that don't have Stereo out on the mobo. The only thing is that I can't play Mono games with this setup, but I don't intend to do so anyway.

I also decided to have all powercables form all the devices hooked up internally to a multi outlet (I don't know how you call these things), this is very easy to hook up and unplug things whenever you want, if I want the neon off, I just unplug it! In the meantime the one on the picture has been replaced with a bigger one :lol:

The cab also didn't have light and so I got this nice tube and fitted it, also fitted like a glove and works perfect. I don't even know if there should be one inside the cab, but I thought so to aluminate the small marquees.

Those marquees were a problem, because they were too big and I just didn't get it. From looking at other Neo cabs I saw the marquees fitted perfect, but I found out that mine was made to put in pricetags. Well I just had a friend of mine make something neat and it looks pretty cool, if I say so myself.

The sidedecals were pretty worn and I also made it worse when we moved the thing up, so of course I needed two new stickers. Well with the help form this forum, somebody pointed me to the file I needed. This was an illustrator file thus being the original thing. I took it to a printingservice and had them printed. This was highest quality and I must say it looks the same, perhaps even better.

The CP was already perfect for playing almost every game so I didn't do anytihng with that, I only rewired it a bit to make the it all fit better on the inside.

After the monitor arrived I just fitted that one in without too much hassle. Igot it with a Sega frame and I just needed to cut a bit of metal off here and there and then it fitted. I have a full Naomi kit and an MVS fitted it there and it works like a charm. Need to tweak a bit though on the picture and make it look nicer on the inside, but within the net days I hope. I will also post some pis of the inside when it is totally finished.
Here are the final results for now.

Thanx to everybody that helped me out and making me finish my cab, I am really happy with it and I hope I can return the favor some day!! :wink: :wink:

Psykick
R2-2D
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by R2-2D » Mon Aug 21, 2006 09:11

Ziet er super uit !!!
Knap werk.
legztec
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by legztec » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:17

Was die trisync maar 400 eur inc?!!!!!!
W00t :shock:
Hoe heb je dat geregeld?
2d fighting rules
Psykick
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Psykick » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:18

legztec wrote:Was die trisync maar 400 eur inc?!!!!!!
W00t :shock:
Hoe heb je dat geregeld?

Hahahaa ja legz als je de juiste connecties hebt hehehe.

Nee ff zonder gekheid, ik heb gewoon direct bij Pentranic besteld, het was 275 dollar voor de monitor en 270 dollar voor shipping. Dit was voor 1 monitor, maar het toeval trof dat een andere NL dude van killerforum er ook een wilde, nou met 2 bleef shipping gewoon hetzelfde, dus dat scheelde ineens aanzienlijk. Aangezien ik ook een bedrijf heb hoefde ik ook geen VAT te betalen, dus kwam het neer op 400 Euri de man en dat is ie dik en dwars waard.
Superservice ook, ik had het geld per bank spoed naar hun rekening overgemaakt ( 4,50 extra bij ABN ) volgende dag was het geld binnen. Ze hebben het verstuurd uit Schotland op vrijdag en de dinsdag daarop kwamen ze binnen. Goed verpakt en hageltjenieuw natuurlijk hehe.
Mochten mensen ook interesse in die monitoren hebben moeten ze me maar ff pm'en leg ik wel uit hoe of wat!

Have fun!
DNL
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by DNL » Mon Aug 21, 2006 13:34

Erg mooi, congrats!
ImageImage
" I don't die not to live. I don't yield if my wish is not fulfilled. I never die with regrets. "
Psykick
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Psykick » Mon Aug 21, 2006 16:58

DreamerNL wrote:Erg mooi, congrats!

Thanx :wink:
GWAR

Post by GWAR » Tue Aug 22, 2006 08:01

Erg tof geworden man.

Wat een waaaauuus :wink:
Gungrave

Post by Gungrave » Tue Aug 22, 2006 09:53

Het ziet er simpelweg geweldig uit! Erg goed gedaan, veel plezier ermee! :)
Psykick
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Psykick » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:45

GWAR wrote:Erg tof geworden man.

Wat een waaaauuus :wink:

:lol: Wat een wauussss! :lol:

Thanx Gungrave! :wink:
Psykick
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Psykick » Thu Sep 07, 2006 20:55

Nou de buitenkant is af, alleen nog wat dingetjes aan de binnenkant perfectioneren en dan maak ik nog wel wat pics.
Ben benieuwd wat jullie er van vinden?

d
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by d » Fri Sep 08, 2006 08:59

Wat ik ervan vindt? *sprakeloos*
YOU'RE DOING GREAT
legztec
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by legztec » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:07

Zoet er strak uit dude!