Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test @ Club SEGA

Discussies en FAQ's over arcade hardware en games.
Akira

Virtua Fighter 5 Location Test @ Club SEGA

Post by Akira » Sat Nov 26, 2005 15:27

Hier impressies van iemand van een ander forum:

I just got back from FOUR HOURS of VF5. Hoooly crap, this game BLOWS AWAY ANY X360 GAME. My god, it easily surpasses anything else I've seen IMO. DOA4 what? Tekken 5 what? The king has returned, suffice to say. To talk about the graphics a bit... it could be because the display was a high res monitor. It could be because Lindbergh is a fucking beast of a machine, but AM2 somehow made a game that looks better than any other game out there. I would dare say that it looks JUST AS GOOD as MGS4's demo. The lighting in the game is absolutely crazy, and the details on the models are incredible.

Here's the details that matter.

In the game, everyone has the normal evade that's done in VF4. However, everyone now has a sway step... kind of. Basically, you press u/f or d/f and P+K+G and you'll sway to one side of your opponent. This allows you to avoid attacks but it also works well after you've staggered an opponent and you want to set them up for a ring out or a wall combo. People who play Lion will adapt to this easily since he already had this command in VF4. I guess AM2 liked it so much that they incorporated it into every character.

Most of what's in VF4 is in VF5. You still have the struggles and all that. However VF.net isn't as expansive as it is in VF4: Final Tuned -- this is expected since the game is still in testing. Right now they just have basic win/loss, ranking and costumes... but I expect it to have everything that Final Tuned does and more. One cool thing is that with VF.tv (the streaming monitor that's gonna be in EVERY Japanese arcade), it actually shows the last ten matches of each player. So if you had 4 wins and 6 losses, it'll show that information. Any way, I got on a tangent there... there are some interesting changes that where made...

Low jabs are changed somehow. Those who play VF know how useful that shit is. You can pretty much get out of any situation with it, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. This is a long shot, but this is my theory.... if you press d+P while standing, your rear hand will do the low jab, effectively cutting down the range and speed of it. However, pressing d+P while crouching will give you the old fashioned low jab that has alot of speed and range. However, I could be wrong on this. I noticed that Wolf players only did the new jab, while I noticed Goh and some of the female characters did the fast, ordinary jab. I have no idea how they implemented this, so dont ask. I'm sure most of the Japanese players will know how this worked out.

I didn't get to play El Blaze -- Sega required you to get a VF.net card to play -- but from the matches I saw he seems incomplete right now. His Lucha style is activated by pressing P+K+G... then you can run away or towards your opponent, as well as faking them out. Blaze will basically run until he hits the end of the arena. He has quiet a few moves out of this stance, like a flying body splash and a dropkick. It seemed that most people weren't getting a lot of wins with him though, since everyone was beasting with the old characters.

Throws are now a little slower now, or maybe it's just me. Instead of VF4's intantaneous throws, there's now some animation before they connect, making it a little easier to escape them.

Customization looks fucking SWEET. We're talking about replacing entire pieces of clothing rather than changing the base colour and all. One Goh player I saw replaced his traditional judo gi with a white leather heavy coat (think Neo from Matrix Reloaded, but white) and then brown leather pants, and topped it off with a char face mask. It looked HOT.

VF.tv is the same as Tekken Live in Japan but it's MUCH more fleshed out. They have player power rankings like in Tekken Live, but they give you a lot more information about the players, as well as a good view of what items the player has equipped. The match replays are fucking fantastic. Not only are they great quality wise, but they also include running commentary!

I heard the game will be released officially in April... i can't fucking wait! and I am SO going back there tomorrow!
Ken
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 26, 2005 16:03

Ik ga morgen even kijken en dan zal ik hier ook even melden wat ik er van vind.
loempiavreter
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by loempiavreter » Sat Nov 26, 2005 17:02

Ik kan niet wachten tot Virtua Fighter 5.

4 Final Tuned is de meest gebalanceerde Fighter game ooit. En ik hoop dat 5 daar nog een schepje bovenop kan doen.
Ken
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 26, 2005 18:47

バーチャファイター5』のロケテストが26日~27日まで「クラブセガ新宿西口」で開催
Virtua Fighter 5 Loke test is op de 26e en 27e in Club Sega Shinjuku, West Exit

Irritant dat SEGA dan weer naar Shinjuku gaat en bovendien ook een vreemde keuze, want in Akihabara is veel meer volk in het weekend. Dit deden ze vorige keer met Power Smash 3 ook al. Van mij dit keer dus geen impressies, want ik heb geen zin om op zondag door Shinjuku te moeten banjeren, helaas te druk voor morgen.
Akira

Post by Akira » Tue Nov 29, 2005 23:49

Voor mensen die het nog niet wisten:

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200511/127_p1.asp
legztec
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by legztec » Wed Nov 30, 2005 08:27

Dat spel ziet er idd fantastisch uit! maar alleen zo 3d :P
De lindbergh roeleerd grote tijden.
Zo zie je maar dat je beter bewezen hw kan nemen in plaats van nieuw te verzinnen.
PC hw heeft altijd vooruit gelopen op console.
2d fighting rules
R-Type

Post by R-Type » Sun Dec 04, 2005 09:41

Ik vind die physics en lighting effecten zo mooi. Pai owns ya all!

DoA4 heb ik ook gezien en dat zag er echt lachwekkend uit, fok dat spel ik wil VF5.

Who needs Lara:

Akira

Post by Akira » Sun Dec 04, 2005 23:47

R-Type wrote:
DoA4 heb ik ook gezien en dat zag er echt lachwekkend uit, fok dat spel ik wil VF5.

Nou nou, het enige wat er bij DOA4 ontbreekt is goeie lightning (self-shadowing enzo). Verder zit DOA4 grafisch wel goed in elkaar. Maar gameplay heh ;)
R-Type

Post by R-Type » Mon Dec 05, 2005 18:27

Ik heb er een trailer van gezien in de winkel en ik moest goed kijken om erachter te komen dat het Xbox 360 matriaal betrof, misschien was het een outdated trailer. Wel leuk enzo, die auto ofzo die je dan over rijd en alles, maar goed het gaat om het vechten.
Capcom

Post by Capcom » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:07

Zodra deze op PS3 verschijnt komt de Next-Gen mijn huis pas binnen :D Tenzij Resident Evil 5 eerder uitkomt natuurlijk :P)