Rumble Fish series, anyone play it?

Discussies over huidige generatie en old school videogames.
ZEN

Rumble Fish series, anyone play it?

Post by ZEN » Sat Oct 22, 2005 17:04

I really like this series alot, and just wanna see if anyone else has ever played it? :)
R-Type

Post by R-Type » Sat Oct 22, 2005 18:52

Well, I want it (like many other 2d arcade ports on ps2). But this game sadly isn't released for the American and European Ps2 and I don't have a chipped or JP Ps2 either.

Atomiswave = cool.

Is this game somewhat comparable to Guilty Gear? The GG series rock too!
ZEN

Post by ZEN » Sat Oct 22, 2005 23:55

I never played the 1st one I got the 2nd from a friend though, he teaches English in Japan and bought it for me :) (only $140 USD).
He is back in the states though :(

It is really enjoyable, the character art is nice, the game is fast, and the music is really well done :)

I like the characters alot, Lud the other new main character, fights really well.
It reminds me of a KOF/GG/MB cross up.

I enjoy the series immensly :)

Here is a report done by Master Warrior at the S-C.com boards

""THE RUMBLE FISH 2" is the sequel to the original "Rumble Fish" game, which was released in 2004, in the Arcades, & then later on the Japanese PlayStation 2. Both games were developed by "DIMPS." Sega & Sammy both handled distribution, & publication of the Japanese PS2 Version, of the original "Rumble Fish" game.

The Rumble Fish 2 (TRF2) is a 1-On-1, 2D Fighting Game, made for the Atomiswave Arcade System. It borrows gameplay elements, from past Capcom & SNK Fighting Games, & blends them together to form its own type of style. Further explanations are below.

GRAPHICS & ANIMATION: I always add this Humble Little Disclaimer, before I begin: I am NOT really an Animation/Graphics/Pixel/Sprites expert, when it comes to most Arcade, or Video Games. So, I’ll basically report what I see, & what sort of impressions that the TRF2 visuals give me.

The word "colorful" comes to mind, when you look at the graphics of TRF2. The characters, the backgrounds, & the special effects, are all full of color, which can be visually appealing. The Character Designs, pretty much follow those of the First TRF game, especially for all of the returning characters.

Animation wise, TRF2 has plenty of that too. Characters have decent level of animation, when they perform their attacks, & move about the screen. However, there were some somewhat awkward animations, when one character, grabs, or grapples another character. The grab & throw sequence did not look as smooth, as it could be. Also, most of the characters don’t seem to look very "Lively"…..until they start to run around, performing Chain Combos, & their other Various Attacks.

AUDIO & SOUND: Resound "Smacks," are what you tend to hear, while playing TRF2, but that is a good thing, though. Punches, Kicks, & Karate Chops, all seem to have a somewhat satisfying ring to them. There are some "Echo Effects," I think, when Specials, or Super Moves Connect. Didn’t really get a chance to hear the Sound Track of TRF2, but some of it was similar to those found in the first game. Nothing ground breaking, when it comes to Sound Effects, & Music in TRF2, but most of it still tends to fit okay, with the game as a whole.

GAMEPLAY: Like the first Rumble Fish title, the Sequel TRF2 has 5 Buttons to work with:

4 "ATTACK" Buttons: Light Punch (LP), Light Kick (LK), Strong Punch (SP), Strong Kick (SK). Like their names, & functions suggest, these buttons are pretty much, self-explanatory. You can perform Chain Combos (Light Attacks into Light Attacks; Light Attacks into Strong Attacks, & Strong Attacks into other Strong Attacks).

1 "DODGE" Button: The D Button is for Dodging/Evasive Purposes. It really helps to master how to use its functions, so as to get out of Corner Traps, Lock-Downs, & to avoid other Rush-Down/Pressuring Attacks. The Dodge Button provides you, with Quick Evasions (Ducking, or Hopping, not rolling). You can try thinking of the "D" Button, in more Defensive Terms, similar to, but not exactly the same as, the A+B Maneuvers in SNK's “King Of Fighters” Series. "D" Button can be used in the Air, & on the Ground. “D” Button Functions, use up some of your Defensive Art Meters (See Below).

HEATH BARS: You start with one main, rather LONG Health Bar, which changes Color over time, as you get hit. Your Health Bar starts out as White. After one hit, it will change color to Green. As your character receives damage, this Green Health Meter decreases, until it turns Yellow. More attack damage will deplete this Yellow Health Meter, until it completely empties. Then, your character suffers a Knockout (K.O!).

GUARD METER: This unit is Blue in color, & its located underneath your Health Bar. The more you keep on blocking, the more your guard meter will keep on decreasing. Once fully depleted, your character goes into a "Guard Stun" Animation, which leaves him or her, open to attacks. The less you guard, the more your Guard Meter refills itself automatically.

SUPER METERS: You get to work with Six (yes, 6) Super Meters in TRF2. They are located at the lower corner of your Game Screen. You have 3 "OFFENSIVE ART" Super Meters, & 3 "DEFENSIVE ART" Super Meters.

"OFFENSIVE ARTS" (OA): The more your character successfully attacks, & hits his or her foe, the more your character will build up his or her OA Super Meters, which are Red in color. If you miss hitting completely, nothing is added to your OA Bar. Once one OA Super Meter is full, your character can perform any of their “Offensive Super Moves.” These typically consist of Charging, Rushing, and or Auto-Combo, Physical Attacks. All RF2 Characters have OA Supers. OA Supers normally consume 1 OA Super Meter.

"DEFENSIVE ARTS" (DA): The more your character successfully blocks, or guards against enemy attacks, the more his or her "DA" Super Meter builds up. No, you can't "Turtle" your ass off, because of the Guard Break Feature. DA Super Meters are Blue in color, & like your OA Super Meters, you also get 3 DA Super Bars. DA Supers tend to have High Priority to them, but they don’t do a lot of damage. They are meant to get an aggressively persistent foe, off your back, quickly. They can consist of Anti-Air Supers, Grappling Moves, Force Fields, or Physical Hit Counters. They all are mostly Close-Range Moves, and yes: all characters also have DA Supers. DA Supers normally Consume 1 DA Super Meter.

"CRITICAL ARTS" (CA): So, you might be wondering: “What The Hell Happens If I Combine OA Super Meters, With DA Super Meters?” Oh, that? You get "CRITICAL ARTS." Basically, you have to fill up all 3 of your Red OA Super Meters, & all 3 of your Blue DA Super Meters. Once all 6 Bars are full, they all change color to Green. Now, your character can perform a very, VERY damaging Super Attack, called a "Critical Art." These moves are extremely flashy when they connect, & can EASILY turn the tide of a battle, either way. CA Supers consume ALL 6 Super Meters (the OA ones & the DA ones). And, yes: you can even combo-in some of them.

"JOLT ATTACKS:" Pressing "LP+LK" buttons together, will execute an unblockable hit. This creates a sort of "Matrix Effect," which slows down the action, so that your character can perform a series of combos on their foe. You can even launch your opponent upwards, before jumping up into the air, after them, to perform "Versus-like" Air Combos. “Jolt Attacks” burn one of your Offensive Meters to use. Their unblockable nature can be a useful tool against "turtlers."

"ADVANCED ATTACKS:" Pressing "SP+SK" buttons together, will enable your character, to start-up a series of Advanced Combos, if the attack connects. You still have to perform the combos on your own, mind you. It also has "Combo Canceling Features" available. Basically, Advanced Attacks enable you to stop your current sequence of Attacks, to go right into another sequence of Attack. This basically translates into Rush-Down Combos. Advanced Attacks, cost part of your Offensive Art Meter to perform.

NOTES: There seem to be more Gameplay Features, added into TRF2, that are new to the Fighting Game Series. I’ll try to elaborate more on those ones, in later posts. Obviously, TRF2 Arcade Report on the Characters is definitely coming up later, since I’m still in the process of playing the game, as of this time.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, then please ask away. I’ll do my best to answer them. Also, feel free to participate here, & post your comments or opinions about TRF2, especially if you’ve already played the game.

"THE RUMBLE FISH 2" On The Internet: Visit the WebPages below for Information, Pictures & Videos on "The Rumble Fish 2."

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/data/926550.html
http://www.dimps.co.jp/rumblefish2/index.html
http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/acti...ish2/media.html

""

Everything he says is spot on :)