Road Trip Report - ze is weer thuis!

Jullie gamerooms, collecties en aanwinsten.
ckong

Road Trip Report - ze is weer thuis!

Post by ckong » Wed Jul 25, 2012 19:33

In het Engels, want ik heb de report in eerste instantie op DLF gepost. Ben benieuwd hoe hun reactie daar is op een candy cab.

A few years ago I decided to buy a lot of Candy, not only for me, but also for some other Candy lovers.

Ah, those were the days. My driveway and house looked like this:

And yes, after this

I couldn´t stand upright anymore (lifting down 16 heavy cabs pure by muscle power)

Anyway, one of the cabs was destined for a fellow gamer who is living very close to me. But as soon as he collected it, I felt sorry having it sold. I thought that I didn´t like the cab, but once it was gone, I felt sad. So the new owner and I agreed that I would have first rights when he would sell it someday, which would never happen, he assured me. :(  I checked some of the same cabs out now and then, but I never found the real one.

But wait, just a few months ago the owner did put a sales add up for it on Nozomi!!  :shock: I stood perplex, because he did sell it after all, but even more because he didn´t notify me upfront. I saw the add by pure coincedence. I knew that everybody would be all over it, so I contacted him right away. He thought that I wasn´t that interested anymore, now mainly being into classic cabs and such, but I sure was, and we made a deal very quickly.

´Sadly´ my vacation was due, and I also had a little accicdent which halted collecting the cab, but a few weeks ago, on a sunny 1. July, I finally was able to go and get it.

The whole roadtrip took 2 x 12 km´s, so I didn´t have to get up early.  :D

It was a nice and peaceful day

Not much traffic on the road, so I was sure to be there in time

I entered the city of Borculo

only to leave it behind on the other side of the city about one minute later  :)

The enormous route brought me further and further in the inlands of Holland, where only wild animals can survive:

And of course the lonely pioneers:

This was also my destination and I was glad that I could get out of the car after a long, 20 minutes drive since I left home.  :lol:

Swiftly moving forward in time. The pionier and I exchanged some kind words, and then we went to the place where this huge babe stood waiting for me (the pioneer is saying goodbye)

Wow, that´s a lot of Candy.

Because of my little accident a few weeks before, I couldn´t lift heavy loads without pain, so the pioneer had arranged two good helping hands. Because of the size of the cab and the narrow stairway, we had to dismantle the cab (hell yeah, that´s something you can´t do with a woodden cab. Well, you can, but I wouldn´t advise it, you will end up in tears).

So we brought the cab in parts downstairs, and assembled it again. We did put in the monitor vertical, I happen to like vertical SHMUP´s  8).

Let´s test if everything is still working.

Yes, sure it did.

We loaded the cab with the three of us in my car (always astonishing what my car can load) and I headed back home, which took 5 minutes longer because I had to drive more carefully.

And here she is, in the doorway of my shed.

A majestic Sega Blast City, with a tri-sync monitor, an awesome picture in 15Khz, but even more awesome in 31 Khz. I will post some more pictures once the cab is in its final place, showing off what she can do!  ;D
beau
Active Level:
Active Level:

Re: Road Trip Report - ze is weer thuis!

Post by beau » Wed Jul 25, 2012 19:39

looks nice erik :shock:
:D
Cageman
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Cageman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 20:17

Wat een geweldige roadtrip :-) "where only wild animals can survive". Hahaha!
Da Dude
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Da Dude » Thu Jul 26, 2012 09:40

+1
ElPancho
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by ElPancho » Thu Jul 26, 2012 09:46

Mooi man, leuk verslag ook :-) En .... op woody-die-hard Andre na lijken ze op DLF aardig om te gaan over candies :-) Maar wie zegt er nu "meh" tegen perfecte beeld kwali en dito controls .... dus ik snap het wel ;-)

Blij dak ook 1 van de gelukkigen ben met een cab uit die batch!
Team 15 kHz
Da Dude
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Da Dude » Thu Jul 26, 2012 09:48

Hoeveel heb je eigenlijk zelf uit die batch gehouden? 1 van elk ;-)
Ken
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Ken » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:43

Erg gaaf. Leuk ook om die foto's weer eens terug te zien van je huis vol cabs, those were some good times!
ckong

Post by ckong » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:05

Da Dude wrote:Hoeveel heb je eigenlijk zelf uit die batch gehouden? 1 van elk ;-)

Uiteindelijk is er 1 overgebleven, een Egret 2 met een Samsung flat monitor met tri-sync chassis. Dit was oorspronkelijk een AWSD maar hij is in Japan geconverteerd naar een E2, wat niet anders inhoudt dan stickers en benaming aanpassen.

Het is dus een beetje een vreemde eend, maar het scherm is perfect, ultragoede symmetrie en prachtig plaatje. De andere heb ik afgelopen tijd verkocht, maar er is ook een NAC bijgekomen. Nu heb ik dus 4 Candy cabs, waaronder 2 NAC's, nog altijd mijn favoriete cabtype.
rklok
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by rklok » Sat Jul 28, 2012 09:17

Erg leuk verslag, de titel deed me al vermoeden dat het om die ene geroemde Blast City ging ;)