I've created a Monster!

Jullie gamerooms, collecties en aanwinsten.
Psykick
Active Level:
Active Level:

I've created a Monster!

Post by Psykick » Sun Dec 28, 2008 02:58

Hey jongens ik heb dit zowel op Arcadeotaku als op we-play-games gepost, maar doe geen Nederlandse versies meer, kost me echt teveel tijd, dus ik post voortaan hier ook alles gewoon in het Engels. Mocht je vragen hebben mag dat gewoon in het Nederlands :P

Well I had started another topic on my new project and my on going project at that time, my Super Neo 29. I still hadn't finished it and it needed a lot of attention to become the ultimate Multi platform cab! I also have the New Astro which is a vertical, so I needed a solid Horizontal to do all the things I needed without going through alot of trouble switching between systems and games. Also in another topic I made a tut on how to install 360 pads in a cab, this also forced me to rewire the controls alltogether, which led me to rewiring the entire cab woth a new Jamma harness and all. Yesterday I started early and deep in the night I had created my monster and it's Alive...Aliiiive

Here are some pics of the control panel completely rewired for easy use of all my systems on a set of connectors and the 360 on seperate connectors...

Maybe you didn't notice but as there are so many devices hooked up, I found it pretty difficult to open and close the CP all the time to adjust the monitor for each and every game, so I turned it upside down and drilled some nice holes through the bottom of the CP and pushed them through. I also gave 'em a nice white finish so it would blend in. It's not very noticeable, especially from up close. I know this was a tricky decision, but I'm really happy with the end result 8-)

Now the fun part is that I've tried to cram in as much shit as I can without taking anything out, to hook up or unhook things. Almost everything is done with switches and some presses on buttons :twisted:
What I've got inside is a Gamecube, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, PC for running MAME and a Neo Geo 1 slot with stereo. It also has a in your face soundsystem with a brutal woofer and very crispy speakers! I've got all the sound going to an audioswitcher for 4 devices and the controls of the GC, DC, and MAME are all connected to a KVM switch that leads to a J-PAC that is programmed to handle them all. Of course the video signal is also switched through the KVM switch. These are all really cheap parts that are easily found everywhere. There's no need for high quality switches when your working with these distances and very raw signals. No loss in quality whatsoever ( and I 've tried topnotch stuff also )

See how it all fits nicely in the rather small Neo Candy...

So all I have to do is press 2 buttons on the switches and switch connectors on the CP, of course powering on the desired device, but it is all done in a sec.

The following are pics of all the devices hooked up and show some games. First I start of with the 360, which I really am pleased with, it's like it made for this shit. The console is Japanese version with a wireless adapter for me to go on live. THe only thing missing is a connection for the headset, but will do that later this week, small detail hehe...

Oh yeah this is how my CP looks btw, the blue button is the fourth button for Neo, but also the Guide button for 360 ;)

The dreamcast running Guilty Gear X...

The Gamecube running Beach Spikers :P

Some MAME goodness with Pro Gear and R-Type LEO for example hehe...

And finally some Neo Geo games, brilliant...

Well guys there are a lot of things that I can add to this story, but hey it's late and I'm worn out, so if there are questions on the whole project or tips feel free to comment. For me it's no rest and on to the next project, hope that will be done within a month or so. Have fun ;)
d
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by d » Sun Dec 28, 2008 03:44

wow!
almighty

Post by almighty » Sun Dec 28, 2008 08:57

Ben zeer onder de indruk Psykick en het ziet er allemaal erg goed uit!
Kan alleen de 360 z'n warmte wel goed kwijt?

8) 8)

Wel jammer dat het scherm klein blijft bij Raiden IV en op een groter scherm is het speelvlak wel weer groter.
ckong

Post by ckong » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:26

Hé Hasan, wat kan ik zeggen? You're the man. 8)

Ziet er allemaal erg indrukwekkend uit. Ik weet dat je er heel, heel veel tijd in hebt gestopt, maar het resultaat is er dan ook naar. En daarmee bedoel ik niet alleen al die console aanpassingen, maar ook de cab zelf. Waanzinnig mooi.

Maar eens kijken dat ik dat volgend jaar ook zo voor elkaar krijg. Technisch goed te doen, maar wel effe tijd vinden.

By the way almighty, Raiden IV kun je volgens mij ook taten, en dan ziet het wel gaaf uit op de vertikale NAC.
goatboy

Post by goatboy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:27

Wow, Ben onder de indruk! :shock: Ben namelijk zelf niet zo handig met wires daarom. Mijn complimenten dude!

Denk ook dat je 1 van de weinigen bent met zo'n setup.
Pat7o
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Pat7o » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:05

Bruut, gewoonweg bruut!
:shock:

waanzinnige cab toch, zeker ook met die neon verlichting erbij.
je zou deze wiring setups in productie moeten nemen....
Psykick
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Psykick » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:56

Thnx dudes :D voor de toffe reacties, heb er idd een boel tijd inzitten maar heeft cker zijn vruchten afgeworpen.

@Almighty, je kan gewoon Raiden 4 taten, maar ff om te showen op deze gezet, uiteindelijk kom ie in de NAC vertical natuurlijk hehe

@Erik, ff de tijd nemen en het is heel goed te doen. Ik kan het ondertussen met mijn ogen dicht bijna haha, ik geef je wel support 8)

@Pat7o, ik zou best willen, maar kost gewoonweg teveel tijd naast een fulltime bedrijfhe die ik heb, maar je weet nooit in de toekomst. Over de toekomst gesproken moeten we even wa afspreken voor eind Januari of zo, dan is die monteur ook terug uit Irak, hij is een maand op vakantie.
Pat7o
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Pat7o » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:39

Psykick wrote:
@Pat7o, ik zou best willen, maar kost gewoonweg teveel tijd naast een fulltime bedrijfhe die ik heb, maar je weet nooit in de toekomst. Over de toekomst gesproken moeten we even wa afspreken voor eind Januari of zo, dan is die monteur ook terug uit Irak, hij is een maand op vakantie.

prima! alle tijd van de wereld. moet nog wat ruimte vrij maken voor deze kast ook dus komt goed uit.
Ken
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Ken » Sun Dec 28, 2008 17:20

Wat een debiel joh, maandag ff knallen nigger.
SmokinJokerZz

Post by SmokinJokerZz » Tue May 05, 2009 20:35

Ongelooflijk hoe je alle consoles in een kast zet en toch werken alle consoles goed naar je knoppen :)

Je speelde Raiden IV zeker met de japanse xbox360 op je Arcade kast, wel jammer dat ie niet uit is op PAL. Ben stinkend jaloers op je :P

Mijn complimenten voor jou
Psykick
Active Level:
Active Level:

Post by Psykick » Wed May 06, 2009 17:57

SmokinJokerZz wrote:Ongelooflijk hoe je alle consoles in een kast zet en toch werken alle consoles goed naar je knoppen :)

Je speelde Raiden IV zeker met de japanse xbox360 op je Arcade kast, wel jammer dat ie niet uit is op PAL. Ben stinkend jaloers op je :P

Mijn complimenten voor jou

Ja idd Raiden 4 en thnx voor de complimenten ;)